Happy Birthday Beaner!!!!

Sunday, April 5, 2009


Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy to you dear beaner, happy birthday to you! 6 long years ago was the most intense time of my life. George was away in Iraq, his unit had just reached the outskirts of Baghdad. With a full blown war in gear, I thought I would never see my husband again. Fearful of giving birth alone, my mother and friend Kerry were there to hold my hand. Still scared beyond words, I gave birth to one of the most amazing things in the world! Mia was bright eyed and ready to take on the world. Her adaption to our feelings didn't take long though. She cried as much as I did, she really must have felt all of my apprehensions. I look at Bean, all that her and I have been through together since the beginning, and think how we were meant for each other. We laid in bed at the hotel last night and she said "Mommy, I love you." I turned to her, held her hand and said "Bean, your my soul mate." and she said straight faced " Is that like first mate" This further proven she is my child! Mia has had the most elaborate birthday weeks ever. The partying started Thursday at Miss Tonya's and will end tonight with an Easter egg hunt. She definitely enjoyed her weekend with all her friends and family! I don't know how we can top this week but we will have to plan ultra hard to make it super duper special next year!

P.S. June 12th is around the corner! When we have a date set for port removal, I will start planing the end of treatment party!



Beaner enjoyed a birthday dinner at Chili's in Shelton. Raquel even gave her a virgin Tropical Sunrise Margarita. Mia too felt the fever for Margarita Madness.



Mia enjoyed a nice swim at the hotel! So much for the princess hair. Fear not, mommy brought a curling iron and hair spray!

0 comments: